Saturday, October 25, 2008

What a crazy couple of weeks. I found a house, looked at the house, paid the deposit, painted and moved. Not only that but we have had a few problems along the way.
We had heard from the owner of the apartment asking us to move sooner than planned so that she could move someone else in. She was supposed to pay us back for the time we were not in the apartment. She then told us she would pay us back for the time we were out. And of course her story changed. She then changed her story. She said that she would pay us for when someone else had moved in. So we (or should i say I) moved faster than planned.
List of events:
1) had to rush to finish painting living room, bedrooms and hallway so we could get the furniture in. Had to borrow a friend and a truck very quickly to get furniture in.
2) Had to move boxes and unpack the unpainted kitchen and bathroom.
3) Had to finish moving and unpacking on my only day off in a week.
4) Found fleas in the house. Had to have it bombed, clean all bedding, dishes etc.
5) Found out that bug bomb did not work. Called another company to try to kill the little bastards. Had to clean again. $400 vacuum dies.
6) Weather getting much colder. Turned on furnace that worked for two days and stopped working. Had to call in someone else to look at it. Heating guy finds very dead and toasty bird in the furnace.
So.... now the furnace works, flees are dead, pictures are on most of the walls and laundry is caught up. I am finally caught up from having to take one step forward and two steps back. I was hoping to finish priming and painting the kitchen tomorrow but i have been feeling worse and worse all day. I think i am going to go to bed really soon.

BONUS!!!!!

I got a call in the middle of all madness asking if i would go with a friend to the new kids on the block reunion tour in milwaukee. I remembered the awesome band from being a kid but was never head over heels for them. You can bet i am now though. LOL. It was the most awesome concert EVER!!!! I don't care how old they are now, they can still groove and shake like no other with the tightest butts ever. I am still dreaming of them. lol. I have a t shirt and plan on buying their new album along with Natasha Bedingfield as soon as i have some money.

So things have finally slowed down for me and i think that i might sleep and relax tomorrow and wait to paint the kitchen another day. On Nov 4th I am going to see Celiene Dion with my sister and then on the Nov 16th for my ABO test both in chicago. Then, during the first weekend of december i am traveling to New Jersey to see my parents for christmas. I hope that i can slow down next year. I have forgotten what it is like to have a day off when i can relax.

Also, I couldn't fit the new table i purchased from IKEA in my new house. I put it on craig's list and was a little dis heartened when i didn't hear anything. Until today that is. I got an e-mail from a lady who is going to send me a money order for the amount that i asked as soon as possible and will have someone pick it up. It is so awesome how this website works. I suggest it to anyone and everyone.

I had better head to bed or even just cuddle up with my blanky. Sorry it has been so long since i wrote again.

I hope everyone is doing well
Love
Carrie

2 comments:

britchik96 said...

Carrieanne. Be wary of Money Orders. They're usually a hoax - especially if they're not picking it up themselves. Ask for cash - and have them pick it up. I'd hate for you to get rid of it and end up with no money. Just watch yourself - they're are lots of bastards out there. I love you

Penny said...

Saw the good news in Phil's blog about your exam! Congrats!