This is my first day off since thursday 17th of July. I am totally exhausted and HATE anybody that wants to bring their problems to me. I can't be happy for them anymore. Note to people.... If you don't like what I can give you at the price i have then go get it somewhere else!!!!!! No amount of bitching and moaning and complaining repeatedly about the company i work for, is going to get you a better price than what the company allows me to give you.
Ok, now that i feel a little better I can give you a little better info about what is going on with me. I recently found out that a few more people are reading my blog than what i thought, so I am going to try and write more if i can find the time to do so.
I sent in my reseme to try for the position open at P V for assistant manager. Lots of people have said that they think that i am right for the job but they will really miss me around work. I really will miss everyone too IF i were ever to get this job. i really like working for LC and the people are super nice. The downside to where i am at is that I am the only person who has no restrictions to my schedule which means i get all of the crappy shifts time after time after time. But it also means that if something happens, like my boss going into labor, i am the most reliable person there. My parents sent me an awesome magnet for my birthday that says, "no one knows I do until i don't do it anymore." It is so freaking true!!! at home and at work. It seems that if I don't put in the 150% that I normally do everyone's worlds seem to fall apart. I have been told that my boss is harder on me because she expects the best from me. Would it have been better if i did a half assed job from the start? I really feel that everyone should always bring as good a day to work as i do instead of constantly cleaning up their shit. I have already done my job, and i have done it well, why then am i expected to clean up the stuff that they should have learned from months ago. I think that if you don't do your job with the expectations they give me then you should be fired. But what do i know really? I hope one day I can be the boss and find someone as energetic and caring about their job as i do.
Despite all that i complain about I do love my job. It has so many rewards from just doing it, not just the paycheck. We had a lady come in yesterday who needed to update her glasses. She had just walked out of the hospital after emergency surgery where they found cancer of the lymphnodes. (i don't think i spelled that correctly but what they hey?) We gave her 50% off of her glasses as a friend's and family discount and then gave her a free upgrade on her lens. Hopefully when all of this is over she will remember the kindness of the lenscrafters girls. I don't want a letter or even more customers. I just like to know that i made a difference in someone's life. I also had a lady who had just lost her daughter and with all the moving of furniture and getting things ready for the funeral she had lost her glasses. I gave her the best deal in the house and gave her a listening ear and a caring hug and she smiled back at me before she left with tears in her eyes. I remember losing people very close to me and the support of others i have had helped me make it through. I like to think that i can make my customers time with me an experience instead of a chore.
So next week is going to be a busy again next week. I work all week and have next sunday off. I hope to have dinner and a movie with a friend from work on sat night and then relax on sunday again. I hate working the 50 hr weeks but i am hoping i can afford to pay someone else to clean my house. LOL. Wish me luck over the next week.
Talk to you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment