hi guys,
Just a quick note tonight. I have had a good day. It was long but the babies were very cuddly and i made an easy dinner and Chris and I enjoyed it together. It is really nice to get that gentle pat on the leg of some recognition of you being there. I am enjoying sitting in the study listening to the Rent soundtrack. I haven't started singing to it yet but i am sure that the others in my house appreciate my silence. LOL.
My knee has really been bothering me today. It really hurts and shortens my patients. I have a lot of patiends for my kids at work. They make my day worth it. The smiles and the hugs. The happiness to see me and the disappointment that comes with hugs and kisses when i leave. There are always some that i will cherish more than others but i think that is because of a special connection that we have. The are so innocent and wonderful. Of course like any child under the age of two, they do have their quirks. The annoying unnessesary screaming. the fits over lunch, the crying when others are sleeping and you are trying so hard to keep them asleep. Otherwise they are just perfect. LOL. I then get to come home to a nice quite house that i have managed to keep spotless for five days. I can't say that much for my car however, but still i like clean things.
I was looking through small stores and thought of different hobies that i could pick up. I have seen so many and know i would lose interest very quickly. i have thought about picking up sewing and knitting but I don't sit long enough to read several chapters of a book. I thought about scrapbooking but don't have anything very interesting to put in there. I don't have any childhood pictures or stories. I hvae memories but no pics and most of them include my wonderful sister. LOL. If there are any other ideas that anyone has for a hobby please let me know. Maybe it is something that i can keep some interest in. Oh and i have also thought of taking pictures and having a dark room but definately do not have the funding for that exploration. LOL.
I put up some new pics in the study this weekend. Mostly the walls are covered with snap shots. They have pics of Chris in Iraq, a pic of his curious george which has a whole very long story to it, and then lots of family pics. I also have some poems up also about how to love a soldier and marine corps words. Anyway..... The new pics that i put up were a snap shot of my dad, step mum, sister, chris and i on the day we were engaged and then pics of my dad and i when my sister graduated. I love to put up pics all over the house. They are of the special people in my life. Most of my family but there are a few other friends. I have taken down several from people that have not been such great friends. When Chris left for Iraq it really showed who my friends were. And funnily enough when he came home some became scarce too. I don't have so many friends and the ones i do are home bodies just like me. None of us are clubbing folks or big crowds people. We would trade a night of hot guys for a movie and hot chocolate any day. Which is ok until we want to hang out and then it is a question of who wants to leave their house. LOL. Generally that ends up with us both on our own couches with our own movies but on the phone talking for an hour about the movie we are attempting to watch and how a white chocolate mocha would have been better than hot chocolate.
Well I thought this was going to be a short one and aparently i got very carried away. I hope everyone is doing very well and are enjoying or at least getting through their week on top. If nothing else remember it is one less day to pay day!!! That is always worth a smile.
Love you
Carrie
3 comments:
You really are getting into the groove:) I think you could take up many things - if you wanted to scrapbook, I have loads of pics I can copy for you...and i'm sure your Mum has too (just ask her). Something else you could take up is cooking....do one new meal a week.
I did actually have some ground beef in the fridge that i needed to use and didn't want to do the same old thing again. So i was proud of myself when i looked up on the internet for "recipes for ground beef." There were tons of them. I was really surprised. I made meatballs with spagetti tonight. Not too hard and i was excited to do it. Thanks for the tip. Pictures would certainly be appreciated too.
Hey Girlie, I think you could look into scrap booking, or just a memory book where you type or write down memories and put in momentos of those memories. Like things that remind you of that, and it turns into a scrapbook without as many picts. That way you can have the memories and share the good ones with others. This is what I will need help with for Benjamin for Christmas. That I thought would be a somewhat inexpensive, but memorable gift. Give me input. Sheena
Post a Comment